This year, the Quiet Site will continue to operate as a carbon neutral company. Our unavoidable carbon emissions will be offset by a program of local tree planting. Sustainable operating methods are being adopted wherever possible and various practices have already been implemented.
Sustainable projects to date include:
- Underground eco pod introduced.
- Local musicians and magicians.
- Host for Cumbrian Green build festival in September.
- Bike hire from site
- Electric Twizy available for hire on site
- Electric car charge points
- Biomass heated drying room introduced.
- Sustainable cycle holidays introduced in conjunction with two other local parks.
- 4th reed bed added.
- Hosted holiday park sustainable business visit.
- Host for school geography visits for sustainable business.
- Secure cycle storage introduced.
- 7th year as a Bellemy Gold Park.
- Metering introduced to all electric hook ups.
- New Biomass Boiler replaced 6 oil and gas boilers.
- Third reed bed and larger wetland area added.
- Water and electric metering introduced to static caravans.
- Public transport to site introduced.
- Joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
- Secondary Reed bed and wetland area created.
- Tree planting x500.
- Tree planting x500.
- LED lighting phased in.
- PhotoVoltic solar panels.
- Local Brewery now used for all beer.
- Under floor heating introduced into ladies.
- 1000 mixed trees planted ensuring wood fuel self-sufficiency in the future.
- Local charity supported ‘Fix the Fells’ (customer opt in whenbooking).
- Service building reroofed with high thermal insulation.
- Under floor heating introduced into gents.
- 35 sqr meters of thermal solar panels incorporated in new roof to help heat water.
- All showers and taps have aerators fitted reducing water usage up to 50%.
- Locally made camping Pods introduced.
- Treated water used for WC flushing.
- Movement detectors fitted to all lights.
- Recycling centre created (glass, plastic, paper, cans, BBQs).
- Biodegradable products used for cleaning.
- Bar reroofed using extra high levels of thermal insulation.
- Reed bed introduced for grey water treatment.
- Wild flower meadow created.
- Local business supported wherever possible (jam, beer, meats, fudge).
- Caravan storage offered to reduce the need for carbon expensive towing.
- The Quiet Site Brochure is printed on recycled paper.
The Quiet Sites Environmental Policy »