Wake up surrounded by beautiful Lakeland scenery
Lots of facilities including electricity.
Self-catering in our unique Lakeland cottages.
Own your own Holiday Home in the Lake District.
Experience camping in a Pod...
The Pod is a timber built, insulated hut designed to be used just like a tent but unlike a tent it is already set up on the site, ready for you to move in! With no tent to erect or pack away in the rain your holiday could just have become a lot less stressful.
They are manufactured by a small firm in the south lakes and are the inspiration of a man known only as Ian. Some say he has a slightly pointy head.
Each Pod has plenty of headroom and a floor area of approximately 7 square metres - ample space for 2 people or even 2 adults and 2 children.
The Pod is designed to accommodate the variable British weather with ample ventilation for the hot days and lamb's wool insulation for those chillier times - a wooden 'tent' for all seasons. A Pod offers a higher level of security than a canvas tent.
The Quiet Site Pods are a simple progression from the holiday under canvas; they offer a convenient alternative to the tent but retain all the ambiance of the 'camping holiday'.
All you need to bring is your camping gear - minus the tent. The Pods are completely empty on arrival. They have a carpeted floor and a light wood interior. Those staying in a Pod can take advantage of all the other site facilities. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept dogs in the Pods, sorry.
What does it cost? One night's Pod camping costs from £35 to £50 per Pod.
- A guaranteed dry place should the weather get a little damp. Already set up when you get there - just move in.
- No taking down wet tents and drying before storing
- No wind whip or flapping to keep you awake
- No waking with the early dawns of the long days of summer
- More privacy and security
- A decking area for eating, sunbathing and chilling out
- All the benefits of an insulated structure in winter and summer
- Heaters included in the price, mains light and a power point for charging phones, etc.
- They are all the same - you can carry your own POD kit for maximum enjoyment
- A massive hit with kids - it's a 'den' thing
- Affordable accommodation in some truly stunning locations.
The Quiet Site Pod - a little bit more comfort in a 'camping' holiday.
Terms & Conditions
For more information, please read the Pods Terms & Conditions
To check availability and for general enquiries please visit the Contact Us page and fill out the form.