Facilities & Services
The Quiet Site is a family run campsite situated in a secluded position amongst the stunning fells that overlook Lake Ullswater.
This is a superbly maintained and very picturesque site, the facilities being housed mainly in old converted farm buildings.
There are many beautiful walks that you can start from right outside the Quiet Site and numerous activities and attractions a very short drive away.
The site is in an ideal position for touring both the North and South Lakes by car.
We are easily accessible from the M6 motorway – Junction 40 and the charming market town of Penrith, both of which are only 7 miles away.
It’s not surprising that 80% of our visitors have stayed with us before!
Facilities on the site include:
- Free WiFi 5Mb/sec per device.
- Well stocked Zero Waste shop
- Large childrens playground set in its own field
- Young children’s playroom adjacent to the bar
- Bar open every night of the year.
- The bar can be used as a lounge during the day.
- An extraordinary olde-worlde bar housed in an old barn, complete with large open log fire and pool table
- Secure bike store
- Our facilities are found in a modern building. Solar energy is now used to heat the majority of the hot water. Showers (and baths!) are FREE
- Family shower room
- Popular family bathrooms
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer, iron, etc.
- Dog walk through wild meadow
- Dog and boot wash room
- Drying Room
- Gas exchange
- Dishwashing sinks with FREE hot water
- Chemical disposal point
- Ample water points around the site
- Small book library
- Hard standings available
- All pitches have electric, are flat and can be pre-booked
- Caravan storage can be arranged – please see the caravan storage site for more details
- Motorhome service point
- Inside heated Campers Kitchen with access to kettle, toaster, microwave, fridges and freezers.
- BBQ stands